Report Unlawful Business Activities

  • All persons or firms doing business in Charlotte County must have a county local business tax receipt prior to operating
  • All persons or firms engaged in short-term or vacation rental home activities must also remit tourist development taxes.
  • All persons or firms advertising a fire, going out of business, or liquidation sale in Charlotte County must have a Going Out of Business permit.

Please report any person or firm that has failed to meet one or more of the above requirements. Provide as much information as possible, such as the name of the business, business owner's name, location at which the business is operating, telephone number, etc.

To report any of the above please go to this link.